As students living in the age of rapid technological developments, keeping up with the day to day changes can be difficult and expensive. If you are feeling lost or strapped for cash (or both), it is important to know about all the free technology available for DePaul students that can keep you updated and free from reaching for your wallet. Check out the available resources that we’ve listed for you below.
Software & Hardware
- You can get free software as a DePaul student through the DePaul website, such as Adobe and Microsoft. The software can be downloaded on a personal device, which is very convenient for days that you do not feel like making the trek to the library to use a computer.
- On both campuses, there are a variety of labs that offer computers equipped with the necessary software that you need. You can check this site to see which lab suits your individual needs.
- The library has also compiled a list of mobile databases, apps, and browser tools for you to install on your personal devices that will help you to access items at the library.
- Companies like Apple, Amazon, Dell, and Lenovo also offer deals to students on their hardware and software. The Daily Dot has put together a list of deals you can get from these companies and more just for being a student.
- The library lends a variety of technological devices and accessories out to students for them to use (at a first come, first serve basis). You can rent charging cords and batteries, cables, video game equipment, headphones, calculators, DVD/CD drives, and webcams by checking them out at the circulation desk. For more information, visit the lending informational page here.
- Students in digital classes also have access to resources from the Department of Art, Media, and Design, such as A/V equipment, computer labs, studios, high quality printers and scanners, and photography equipment. Visit the resources page for more information.
Printing, Scanning, and Copying
- There are printers, scanners, and copiers available on campus for your use. You can use your free printing funds on your DePaul ID to use these machines. Printing and copying is available in color for extra money, and you are able to print posters in the library, as well.
Help & Tutorials
- Both the Genius Squad and the Technology Support Center are available to assist you with any problems you should have with your technology.
- Lynda.com: This site is a resource for business, technology, and online learning that gets users acclimated with various sites, apps, and other technological devices. As DePaul students, you have free access to the site with your Campus Connect username and password. All you have to do is follow this link to get started.
- Media Production and Training: If you need help with technology or media production, this site can train you. Look at their event calendar for training programs.